Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu

Plans have changed again for the kids who live nearby, and it looks like everyone will be in other places doing other things on Thanksgiving. Am I sad and blue about having a peaceful Thanksgiving celebration with just my sweetie and me?

Not on your life! I was excited to look through the recipes on the Weight Watchers website and find some delicious recipes for us to enjoy on Thursday. Here's the menu plan:

Apricot Glazed Turkey and Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus
Apple-Raisin Sourdough Stuffing
Pumpkin Cookies
Baklava
Apple Pie Bread Pudding

Mmmmm...

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving all to ourselves four years ago. The kids were each elsewhere for the holiday, so Ken and I took the trailer over to the coast for three days. On Thanksgiving day we went on a ten mile hike in the woods near the beach and then had a very simple meal of pre-cooked turkey, instant mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing, with a salad and rolls on the side.

I know you and Mark will enjoy your day together!

Mike Koponick said...

What time is dinner? ;-)

Katie Lewis said...

Ooh, lucky you. I'm sure our Thanksgiving dinner will be yummy, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be packed with a lot more butter. Haha.