Saturday, February 6, 2010

Three things that made me soooooo happy today

Just a normal Saturday here at home - running errands, doing homework and housework...but here are three things that made me grin today:

1. Took the car to the carwash and listened to oldies rock-n-roll while I went through the scrub-a-dub. I love it! I get to rock out with the music and sing as loud as I want to, and the car comes out so fresh and sparkly. Better yet, I gave the guys $3 for a tip - they were pretty excited. Cheap fun.

2. Bought some star anise today for the first time. It smells spicy and sweet together. It's an ingredient in a Vietnamese soup recipe I'm going to try this week. Found the star anise for cheap in the bulk spices section of the health food department at Fred Meyers. The soup has stick cinnamon in it, too, and ginger. I can't wait to try it!

3. Went for a brisk 45-minute walk with Mark. Uphill and down - a wonderful cardio workout, and so relaxing both physically and mentally to get out of the house, get some fresh air, and have time together with no interruptions. (Ok, so this photo wasn't from our walk today, but it is from a time we went hiking together back in November.)

2 comments:

ken said...

I looked at the tree Mark was standing at and thought 'where is that one around here?'. Thanks for adding that it was from an earlier trip. What a nice sounding day for both of you.

Sarah said...

I love the car wash too! I get a little too excited about them for an adult. :)