Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Morning Walk


I went for a walk this morning. It was beautiful, though cold - blue sky, and ice on a couple of puddles! I took the camera along and had fun making a "photo journal" of my walk. Here are a few of my favorites:
Architecture of an oak tree.
Architecture of the substation.
Tree roots showing through the asphalt path...like the asphalt is a living thing...
Silent rooster - not much wind.
Someone is just now hauling their Christmas tree away?
How can it still be green?
Spring is coming! Hello, crocuses.


Interesting older houses all over Oregon City.
Robins everywhere! The air was full of birdsong.
I wish my camera was better at taking close-ups.
How lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place, with so many inviting places to walk.


How grateful I am for health and strength to be out in the world this morning!

Oh, and if you'd like to read another "photo journal" of a morning walk, be sure to check out the photos Katie took on a walk a couple of weeks ago. Her witty captions are sure to make you smile!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

I'm amused that you took a picture of your long-legged shadow. When Ken and I were out walking this morning that was something I stopped to giggle at myself! Photo walks are great fun, and it helps us to see and notice things that we normally might not. Thanks for sharing your view of the morning!

JuliaKoponick said...

Thanks for sharing another great walk with us!!

Ann Marie said...

just stumbled onto your blog...love these photos. they make me happy!

Katie Lewis said...

I think I recognized where almost all of those places were. Haha--like the path at the back of Gardnier. I walked that path SO MANY TIMES as a child. Fun pictures!