Monday, January 25, 2010

Summer Dreams

I love teaching. I really do. I love my students, I love the things I get to teach them to do, I love working with my colleagues...it's a great job in so many ways.

And I love being a university student. I feel so lucky, so privileged, to get to take classes in the subject where I am so passionate.

But right about now...I'm thinking about summer. This week marks half-way through the school year. Just two more teaching days (I'll be at training all day tomorrow, and Friday is a grading day), and I'll be on the downhill slope to...

The vegetable garden...


Canoeing at Sparks Lake...


Hiking and backpacking with the grandkids...


Visits to family who live far away...


Time to just relax and play...

Things feel pressured and hectic and heavy right now. I don't know how I'll get everything done, but either I will or I won't, one way or another. Regardless of all that, summer is coming. Summer is coming. Summer is coming.

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

"There's something about this deep, dark part of January that has us itching for".....SUMMER!! Yea, Summer! For all the reasons you listed above and more. We loved it as kids and never really outgrew that, did we? Sigh. It WILL come again.

Hillary said...

Mmmmmmm.... can't you just feel the warm summer air!!?? Oh how I yearn for the same things. Although, I'm pretty positive my life is not quite as heavy or hectic as yours. Good luck!

Mike said...

Well, I have to admit I'm hoping this summer will be different than summers passed.

I'm hoping to get out more. More swimming, hiking and just playing around.

Lisa Lou said...

Hooray for summers! It nice to remember that it won't be winter forever. Although I do like the cold winters.

The Burns Family said...

I personally cant wait to go fishing with my dad again. it was so nice and yes relaxing. love you mom

Kathy Haynie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.