I am stealing the idea for today's post from Lauren's blog. (Lauren writes a weekly post for The Skinny, and she is a friend of Katie's, from back in the (day camp) day. So here's my middle-aged version of Fill-in-the-Blank-Friday. Feel free to steal the idea from Lauren and me (and if you do, please leave a comment, so I can come read your fill-in-the-blanks), or just fill in the blanks in a comment right now. How ARE you today, anyway?
1. Today I'm feeling: Tired, but contented. I got a lot done at work today, and I got up early this morning for a workout!
2. If I were you I'd: get your sweetie pie to rub your feet and tell you you're beautiful (or handsome).
3. Love is: puttering in the kitchen in the morning, making scrambled eggs and oatmeal (with blueberries!) with your best friend.
4. I always...get my car keys out of my purse...before leaving the house. I took a self-defense class for women years ago, when I was in my 20s and living in Los Angeles. They taught us to always have our keys out and in between our knuckles, ready to poke a bad guy if needed. Ha ha! Never met any bad guys, but I hate pawing through my purse when my hands are full of groceries or lesson plans, so I always have my car keys at the ready.
5. I feel prettiest when I'm wearing my grey skirt with the black ruffle at the bottom, the white blouse with ruffles at the neck (hides wrinkles), and the turquoise short-sleeved gathered jacket on top. I'll have to take a picture and post it next time I wear that favorite outfit.
6. If I had a million dollars I'd pay tithing and then help my kids buy houses.
7. I'm looking forward to posting my weekly update on The Skinny tomorrow. It inspires me to be accountable on the blog, and it's fun to get atta-girl comments and suggestions. Plus I don't have to post an embarrassing photo this week. Yay!