Saturday, January 23, 2010

Skinny Saturday!

It's time to check out The Skinny, where I've just updated with my weekly post! Please check it out, and please leave a comment! (I adore comments...).




Aren't Saturdays wonderful?
This morning I'm going to pay bills, go grocery shopping, and get my menus all planned for the coming week. (Of course, I've already done my sleeping in!)

I have some reading to do...I'm about 2/3 through The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas, which is pretty amazing since I only started reading it after class Wednesday night. It's by Gertrude Stein, about living in Paris and hobnobbing with Picasso and Matisse and that whole art community in the early 1900s. She's a challenging writer...my teacher assured us that this is her "most accessible" book. Whew! I think I'll have it finished in time for the Monday night class. Maybe I'll finish it today so I won't have to do homework on Sunday!

I need to prepare my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. I don't think I've mentioned here that I'm the Gospel Doctrine teacher in my new ward, which means that I am THE Sunday School teacher for all the adults at church. A little intimidating! But I'm excited. I taught my first lesson last Sunday, and it was both fun and enriching for me. And I'm relieved to let someone else take up the Cub Scouts for now. I was cub scout den leader for 3 years!

This afternoon Mark and I will go to the funeral for my neighbor, Milly Sprague. She died last week, after having been my next-door neighbor for 30 years.

I'll grade some papers, plan lessons for next week, spend some time with Mark...

What are you going to do today?
Hooray for Saturdays!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

We've got some dreamy music playing, and we're going to practice the Waltz in preparation to teach the Young Single Adults some of the basic steps! :)

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, Mark and I were just saying the other night how much we miss "Dancing with the Saints." We'd love to be dancing again! Have fun!

Katie Lewis said...

Dorothy- When I read "dreamy music" I kind of just imagined you and Ken swaying back and forth around the house while you did chores or something. Haha.

Mom- Have a fun Saturday! I'm planning on doing Tighter Assets, taking a shower, making my hair all curly and cute with the mousse, and then later tonight Bryan and I are going on a date. We're not sure what yet. Oh, and it snowed here a bunch last night. Looking out our window at the treetops with all the branches covered in snow is really quite amazing.

Lisa Lou said...

I had really great plans of going to the temple, reading some homework and going to stake conference. That all changed when I woke up not being able to breathe and going to urgent care for a shot of steroids and some crazy medicated vapors to open up my lungs. Definately not what I was planning, but I think my body needed some down time.