Thursday, November 29, 2012
What's For Lunch?
I realized as I was packing my (cute, red-striped) lunch bag this morning, that I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Here's today's lunch:
1. Salad in a jar - this is very, very filling. And very, very delicious. The filled jars will last all week in the fridge. Amazing. Here's the recipe I've been using.
2. Bran muffin - this is not just any old bran muffin. I make them at home, and they are, hands down, the world's best bran muffins every. You can find the recipe here.
3. Baby carrots - crunch, crunch!
4. Cantaloupe - love those melons
5. Sliced apple - I think this was a Gala. I like Honeycrisp the best, but they're kind of spendy.
6. Raw almonds - a small handful - 12 or so - I love the flavor, they are filling, and they give me my daily dose of MUFAs.
7. Banana - need I say more?
8. Dannon Light Greek Yogurt - have you tried Greek yogurt yet? It has more protein, more calcium, and fewer calories than traditional yogurt. The texture is rich and creamy, even when it's low fat. Love this stuff.
What did you have for lunch today?