Thursday, December 23, 2010

What will today bring?

I have a journal that lets me write a few lines every year on the same date. I'm on my 4th year now, and it's interesting to look back and see what was happening on the same date in previous years. This morning it made me chuckle to see how December 23 had played out in recent years.

December 23, 2007
[Lots of family members in town for Katie's wedding]
"Such a busy Sunday, but a good spirit and happy. The girls and I puttered on projects--bow ties for baby boys, finishing the sashes, cookie plates / stands for Julia, Chris' gift from Kendra--we chatted throughout--very pleasant.

December 23, 2008
Awful day. I have no control over anything. I can't get anything done. [Shall remain nameless] and [shall remain nameless] were both being brats. Accused me of taking the other's side. I hate this season. I want to go live by myself.

December 23, 2009
[Visiting my parents in Washington]
Ahhh...we are here in Colville and it is so peaceful. Mark and Maleena took turns driving and I finished Mom's Christmas blanket. We had a nice evening with Mom and Dad, just visiting, and then drove over to Dragonfly Cottage--oh, it is perfect. I am so happy to be here.

December 23, 2010
???????

Happy Christmas Eve Eve to everyone!

PS - Happy Birthday to Joseph Smith!

2 comments:

Mike said...

It's interesting to see how things change from year to year in our lives. Your journal reflects your mood, thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for sharing.

Dorothy said...

I love my ten year journal, too. With each entry I always take a peek at what was happening in the years past on the same day. It sure gives meaning to the phrase, "And it came to pass..." Time sure flies by!