Monday, July 5, 2010

Dear Oregon...

...enough already with the weather!! Where is summer? It's July 5, and look what happened when I hiked to Mirror Lake today:

This was the best you could do? We could barely see the other side of the lake!! This is what hiking inside a cloud at 48 degrees...in July...looks like. Ugh.

The bear grass in bloom was very pretty, but it even looked like it was cold...

I tried to pose for a photo with my friends, Vicki and Cristina, but we couldn't stand still for long. See how we're huddled for warmth?

Still huddling - this photo includes Cristina's husband, Evan, and her son, Ryan. Poor baby had cold hands...I sympathized with him...my hands were cold, too!

As you can see, we had fun anyway. But please, please, please, please could we have some sunshine here? The forecast for the rest of the week says it will be in the 90s and sunny. Do I dare believe it?

Just so you know...
...I still love you in spite of everything,

Kathy

6 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Hope the weather gets nicer for you.

Annemarie said...

I don't know about Oregon, but when I looked at the forecast here for the next couple days, it is supposed to be beautiful. The red sky tonight hints at some lovely weather tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it finds you yet.

Dorothy said...

soon......

I'm sure of it. :)

David Mayer said...

Great photos Mom! If you hadn't mentioned the cold, I never would have known that it was so bad today.

I thought the weather wasn't too bad today, but I wasn't up at Mirror Lake either...

Thanks for the wonderful reminder of all the beautiful vegetation we have to enjoy here in Oregon!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

boo for bad weather!

i guess great minds do think alike :). but look... the sun finally came out today. yay!

JuliaKoponick said...

Hopefully the overnight backpack is going better! We will be home soon!