Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bye, Bye Box

This is me mailing my Box to the processing center. What Box is this, you ask? Oh, my...it's the Box full of 40-ish pages of documentation about my teaching. The documentation is going to a processing center to be scored, to see if I can requalify to be a National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT). I first qualified as an NBCT in 2000. It's a rigorous process, but so worthwhile. I have never regretted the hours of work it took for me to quality the first time.

And now my 10-year certificate is almost expired! So I'm applying to renew, still a demanding process, but not nearly as demanding as the first time around. Back in 2000, my portfolio of required documentation was about 4 times as extensive as the one I sent in today. Plus there was an all-day test to take as part of the process; no test-taking this time.

Might as well sit back and relax...I won't get my results back until November. I'm headed to the soaky tub right now, and then early to bed.

It made me sooooo happy to send that box off in the mail today...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm excited for you that it's done and sent. I would be so stressed about it! Hooray for not worrying about it for the next ten years! :)

JuliaKoponick said...

I am so proud of you mom!! You are a great teacher, and this is just a few more people recognizing it.

Hope you enjoyed the soaky tub!!

Holly Mayer said...

wow that takes a lot of waiting, November! Well I'm sure you will get re-certified you are a great teacher.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Nice job, Mom!

Katie Lewis said...

Ah, that's how I felt after I dropped off a pillow yesterday to my friend that I had done a trade with. The pillow was waaaay long overdue and it felt so good to finally make good on my end of the deal. Although, the pillow took me one day to finish. So probably you felt a little better mailing off your box. :)