Thursday, June 11, 2009

100 Days


This has been a weird beginning to summer vacation this year. Since I took most of the last week of school off to be with Mark after his surgery, I missed most of the end-of-year markers, including the teacher workday yesterday. (I did go in for finals, to be able to have closure with my students, and last night I went and helped with a small graduation ceremony for the kids who got an Oregon basic diploma instead of the OCHS diploma.)

Anyway, I feel like I need something to signal a new season for me. I'm not sure how the thought of setting out some 100-day goals came to me, but I like the idea of using the next 100 days to make some positive changes in my life.

Day 1 will be tomorrow, June 12.
Day 100 will be Saturday, September 19.

For the next 100 days I want to:
1. Read my scriptures every day.
2. Write a little of my book every day.
3. Exercise every day except Sunday.
4. Eat healthy foods every day.

If I read 6 pages of the Book or Mormon every day, I will have read the entire book by September 19.

If I write just 1 page of my book every day, I will have a 100-page book written by September 19. Actually, I already have about 20 pages written, so that would make it a 120-page book.

If I walk just 1 mile a day, I will burn an extra 100 calories/day. At that rate, I could lose 3 pounds by only doing that, and chances are good I would actually do much more. When I walk, I often walk 2 or 3 miles, and when I work out at Curves, I generally burn at least 350-400 calories.

If I follow the Curves eating plan, I would be on track to lose 10 pounds by the end of 100 days, which would put me back within the healthy BMI range.

So here goes! Wish me well! What would you like to do in the next 100 days?

3 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

I would love to move back to Oregon or Washington in the next 100 days...but we'll see ;)

Katie Lewis said...

Good luck on your good goals Mom!

Within the next 100 days I would like to give birth to a beautiful baby girl. Man, she better be out by then! That's all I have to say.

Lisa Lou said...

Hm, this is good motivation! I would like to me more refined (I love the article in the most recent Ensign about that), I would like to be more charitable, I would like to volunteer more, and read my scriptures everyday. Thanks for the excellent post!