Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Twinners!

Oh my goodness! Is it possible that they are 10?

Mark and I got to enjoy a little time with Sarah and Kat on their 10th birthday today. We took the ukuleles along to sing "Happy Birthday."

Hmmm...we need to do a little more practicing on that number before we create a Youtube video, but the girls seemed to like it anyway.


I scanned this photo, the first one we have of the girls, taken at 0-dark-thirty on April 20, 2002, at OHSU. The nurse placed the girls in my arms before their mama even got to hold them! (The doctors were still attending to her after the birth of twins.) The girls weighed just under 4 1/2 lb each, and I only got to enjoy them for a few minutes before they were whisked away to the NICU for the next month.
(Sarah on the left, Kat on the right)

Today we recreated the grandma-twin photo for 2012:

(Once again, Sarah on the left, Kat on the right)
Happy double-digits, Sarah and Kat!

(Haha - Ironically, Kat's tee shirt says, "Just be happy I'm not a twin.")

Remember to vote for Sammy! Click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at the party! It was great to have you there.

I am still voting for Sammy! :-)