Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaBloPoMo...NaTheWriMo...

Goodness gracious, November is almost upon us, which means it's time to get busy writing!

I loved National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) last November, and I'm excited to post every day for a month in November 2010.

But then I got to thinking...maybe it's time for a new November writing challenge!

So if you, like me, have been slacking on writing your thesis, have I got a deal for you. I hereby declare November to be National Thesis Writing Month (NaTheWriMo). Hooray!!

Yes, I commit to writing 3 pages a day (rough draft) on my thesis in November. Just learned this week that I'll be able to take a thesis class Winter term at PSU, and (hopefully) whip all those rough draft pages into shape. I wrote 200 pages of rough draft last summer, and adding another 90-ish draft pages in November will have me poised to launch into the class in January.

How, you ask, will I be able to write a daily blog post PLUS crank out the thesis writing?
I have a sneaky little weekly plan for the blog...
Sundays I'll write something thoughtful that I learn from preparing my Sunday School lesson.
Mondays I'll write about a "typical" day at work - haha - no two days are ever the same.
On Tech Tuesdays I'll write about technology for writing and reading...it won't be what you're expecting.
Wednesdays I'll post a poem - maybe a new one, or maybe an old favorite.
Thursdays will be random, Fridays I'll post a recipe, and Saturdays I'll post an update to keep me accountable on the thesis writing, and then it will be time for Sunday again.

Ready...Set....NaNoBloTheWriPoMo!

PS: If you want to write a novel, this month, go ahead! Check out National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). This one is the granddaddy of the crazy writing challenges that November brings out in us.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Ambitious, as usual, Kathy. I'll enjoy reading your daily posts. :)

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you how the thesis writing was going since I haven't seen any posts about it lately.

Anna said...

So many goals. It's like Nabloyourheadoffmo. :) Good luck!