Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just a little thing, but it's cool

This isn't a big deal, but I think it's cool.

I have a Live Traffic Feed widget on the lower right side of my blog that shows the recent "hits" on my blog - who's checking in, from where, which post they've checked, etc.

I usually forget it's there...it's certainly not something I'm hovering over...but every so often I scroll down to see who the 10 most recent visitors have been.

Most days, the feeds look like this:

But then the other day, I noticed this feed:

What jazzed me wasn't the fact that it's from Argentina. Cool as that is, I actually get hits from all over the world because of my funky little tutorial on making fabric balls.

No, what surprised me was that it's in Spanish! "Bolas de tela" is "fabric balls."
I haven't been to the scribd.com site, but maybe it translates things into different languages?

This is the only live traffic feed I've noticed in a different language. Like I say, I don't hover over the widget. Not sure if this is an anomaly, or the start of something new and cool. But I like it. Or, as they say in Argentina, ¡lo me gusta!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not sure. I haven't noticed it is Spanish, which would be the only language I could try to figure out what it was saying.

Occasionally I have visitors from Arab countries that are in a script I can't read and that I assume is a script of a middle eastern language. The only other time I have noticed it is from some of the visitors from Japan, which I assume is (okay I know the word by and not sure how you spell konji?), maybe one of your Japanese visitors can tell us.