Sunday, December 13, 2009

Helping Polly move in to her new home

Polly has moved to the Northwest! Eric will follow this weekend. Polly and the kids are getting settled into their new home in Granger, WA. Mark and I went up on Friday night to help her unpack and get organized. We stopped off at Multnomah Falls on the way home to enjoy the spectacular ice show.

Grandpa putting the crib together.

Seth climbing up on the "monkey bed" - Katie's bunk bed. Polly takes the ladder down for the day if the kids are being too reckless.

Polly making waffles in her new kitchen - so much roomier, with lots of nice cupboards.

The roomy living room with the Christmas-tree-with-an-attitude. Polly plans to have the kids string popcorn and cranberries soon. So far it has two strings of purple lights.

Rebecca sitting in a box - getting into the spirit of things.

Katie playing hide-and-seek in her mama's new big closet.

Multnomah Creek completely frozen over - we saw salmon swimming here a month ago.

Spectacular ice display at Multnomah Falls - all the frozen spray. Hard to believe Mark and I hiked here just last month.

Close-up of the pool at the base of Multnomah Falls - look at all those ice sickles!

At the end of our play day - time to head home!

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

That puts them about the same distance to both sets of Grandparents...how nice! Love the Multomah Falls pics. I might have to tell my story about the winter adventure we had there long ago. By the way... "Ice sickles"?? Are you pulling my leg, teacher? I was always taught to spell them "icicles". You got a chuckle out of me this morning. Thanks! :)

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, I was posting late last night and had no brain power. I tried and tried to get that stupid word to "spell check" correctly. Thanks, friend! :)

David Mayer said...

Oooh, I like the photo of the frozen creek! I hadn't seen that before. It's fun to think about those fish swimming around under the ice.

Mom, you are awesome!!! You and Vati helped Polly get moved in to her place last weekend, and now you are going to help us pack up and move this weekend... AND you are taking Arora back on the plane with you!! You are like supermom/supergrandma!!!

Kathy Haynie said...

Ha ha! I can just see me buzzing around in my cape and tights!

Ange said...

I am so glad Polly had your help. I echo David's remarks... Is there anything super-grandparents have a weekness for? Your efforts mean so much to all of us. We had so much fun catching up on your blog today. xoxox