Friday, March 20, 2009

NEW BOOTS!!!!

Well, this is a red-letter day for me--I bought new hiking boots this evening at REI!  I have been hiking for 20 years, and this is only my third pair of boots, so this is a once-in-a-decade event.

The new boots are Vasques, with Gore-tex fabric and leather, and vibram soles.  They
 should give me many miles of joy in the outdoors.  Anyone want to come for a hike with me?

I was sad to let my old boots go, but the insides are falling apart...too many miles.  But they were beautiful, happy miles, and it is a little hard to set these old friends aside.



2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Time to make new memories! Hopefully, I'll walk alongside a time or two as you do so. :)

Katie Lewis said...

And to think people make fun of me for taking pictures of myself when you can see my face. Nice boots.