Thursday, January 10, 2013

World Peace with Fabric Balls...in my backyard

Received a cheery email from Nora, thanking me for the fabric ball tutorial. Hey, you're welcome! I'm glad my limited talents are useful to the world.

Nora enclosed a photo of her fabric ball.
She said, "Thank you so much for the fabric ball tutorial! I just finished a Cat in the Hat ball for a friend who is pregnant- she is having twins and I'm also doing "Thing One" and "Thing Two" onesies for them. :) I really appreciate the step-by-step instructions- it was fun!."

Haha! I've had moments making fabric balls when they kind of drive me nuts, so I'm glad that Nora is feeling so positive about the process.

It does feel good to get feedback from readers that the tutorial makes sense and helps them to create these unique toys for little ones. 

I checked with Nora to make sure it was ok to use her photo on the blog, and she graciously included a photo of her Thing One and Thing Two Onesies. 

And when I asked her where she's from, she revealed that she's from Portland! We're practically neighbors. That made me chuckle, since so many of the emails I receive about the fabric balls come from far-away places.

By the way...Nora's timing is perfect because March 2 is Dr. Seuss' birthday. If you have any young readers in your life, remember that it will be observed in many US schools on Friday, March 1, 2013. How do you celebrate the day? By reading, of course! There's more information here.

Need some books for a school's reading program? Click here for a program that sends free books (you pay 68¢ postage per book). The deadline to order is February 16.


P.S.  Nora's matching "Thing" onesies. Thank you for sharing! What a darling idea for twin kiddos on the way. I think I can predict some nicknames for these two. :)

1 comment:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

so fun! I need to make one of those fabric balls myself one day...