Thursday, October 18, 2012

This little fabric ball lives in Switzerland

I received a charming email from Lily in Switzerland today. She wrote to thank me for the fabric ball tutorial. In her email Lily mentioned that she usually makes knitted baby gifts, but for her husband's first little godson, she decided to branch out.

"That ball, I had to make it," she told me.

You can see a photo of her darling ball here.

I discovered that I could go to google translate, where I could put the url for her blog post into the window, giving me a rough translation. Whoa! The internet is so amazing.

I love that Lily referred to the fabric balls as a "gripper ball" and a "cross ball" (because the design makes little cross-shaped geometrics all over).

Thank you, Lily! It was fun to connect with you today. Best wishes to little Cedric with his beautiful new ball!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so very cool! The fabric balls continue to spread peace and love around the world!

So proud to be your daughter!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Who knew your pattern would make it all over the world. :)

KB Design said...

Danke für das Muster! Ich habe auch einen Ball genäht und bin begeistert.
Hier mein Blogbeitrag:
http://kb-design-blog.blogspot.ch/2012/09/spielball-orient-express-und.html