Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Star



On this Christmas Day, I am reflecting about not only that sweet innocent baby, but also...

...Mary, who consented to having her entire life changed by the miracle of his birth...
...Joseph, who shows me that having doubts is normal, even for individuals with heroic faith...
...the shepherds, reminding me that ordinary people can be witnesses of God's love and miracles...
...and especially today I am thinking about the wise men, who pursued their faith through extraordinary uncertainty, with only a distant star to guide them through unknown terrain...

Which sounds like my life.

Oh, may I be a wise woman, trusting in Your light, no matter how distant it may seem to me at times. Let me follow that Bethlehem star even when I cannot clearly see my way, trusting that faint sweet gleam to lead me safely Home.

3 comments:

David Mayer said...

Amen, Mom.

Merry Christmas.

Dorothy said...

You are wise enough to think these thoughts, and I think wise enough to continue following the light through unknown terrain. You will make it Home. Hope your Christmas was lovely!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

So true, Mom. Love you!