Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Blessing - Take 2

I heard this the other day over the P.A. system at the local hospital lab when I went in for a medical appointment. At first I thought it was a little cheesy to have a morning meditation read over the sound system like that, but as I listened and thought about my garden, my maple tree, my challenges, and my loved ones, it did become a lovely, reflective moment for me.

Hold on to what is good
Even if it is a handful of earth
Hold on to what you believe
Even if it is a tree that stands by itself
Hold on to what you must do
Even if it is a long way from here
Hold on to life
Even if it is easier to let go
Hold on to my hand
Even if I have gone away from you
Pueblo blessing


Dorothy said...

That really is beautiful. Thanks for paying attention and sharing it with us!

Mike said...

Here come the water works.....

Annemarie said...

Sometimes I like cheesy . . .