Sunday, November 8, 2015

Just Happy

I'm just happy. I don't have anything profound to say or funny to post.

It's Sunday evening. All my papers were graded and the lessons were planned last night before I went to bed. I got to help out in the church nursery today. Three-year-olds are hilarious!

I'm gradually cleaning out the random clutter that accumulates. It feels good. I feel lighter, cleaner.

Our little family that is living with us is still…living with us. I will be glad and grateful when we are empty-nesters again. But this is fine for now. There are tender moments that compensate for the hard work of getting along with extra housemates day in and day out.

I waffle about retirement. Most days I adore my job and my students and I'm in no hurry to change my lifestyle. But there are days… For now the good days far outnumber the difficult days and I can think of no place I'd rather be than my classroom.

Well, maybe I'd rather be out hiking.

But that doesn't pay very well.

Speaking of waffles, Mark and I splurged and bought ourselves a Black & Decker waffle iron! Amazing! It cooks really good waffles!! It cooks quickly and evenly. After 21 years of marriage, it is such a treat to have a working waffle iron.

Life is good. I'm happy. Maybe I'll go eat a waffle.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I smile knowing you're happy! We'll go hiking again sometime, and canoeing, too. How does that sound? Oh, I miss canoeing! We spent time in the nursery today, just like every Sunday. I miss getting to know the rest of the Ward a little better in classes, but for now this is a sweet interlude in our church service experience. At least we do it together every week! Yes, waffles are yummy. It's been a while...wonder if I should get ours out again one of these days. Keep on being you, dear friend. Enjoying today as well as looking forward to lovely tomorrows is a great blessing!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear it's all going well over there. Do stay safe, I hope you are truly enjoying yourself, and I am glad to see Oregon recovering after its traumas earlier this year.

-Brianna, since moved to Arkansas and happily settled.