Friday, September 14, 2012

My honey is a biker dude

Hoo boy, it's been a crazy-busy week at the Haynies'. Our first week back to school was a shock to our systems. You mean we really have to get up at 5:15 am? Why do I have to grade these papers? Wait, I want to go to bed but my lesson still isn't pulled together.

We could have used a little cheese with our whine.

Thank goodness we had something fun already planned on yesterday's calendar! Even though we felt a little guilty about slipping away for a pleasurable evening, we had to follow through. After all, Ken and Dorothy were counting on us!

So, right after work yesterday, we hurried home to change into play clothes, pack a picnic supper, and load the bikes into our snazzy little trailer. Then we headed for SE Portland to experience the Springwater Bike Trail for the first time!


It's an old trolley line that has been paved. It runs all the way from downtown Portland out to Boring, Oregon. We rode the section from SE Portland to Gresham - about 7.5 miles out, 15 miles for the round trip. The entire ride took about 2 hours.

Me and my hunk. I'm riding my "vintage" 5-speed green Schwinn bike. My parents gave it to me on my 17th birthday...over 40 years ago! Do you like the sweet basket? I do.

Of course Dorothy snapped some photos. (She's always the "group photographer" on our adventures. She gets the camera all set up with the timer, and we save a spot so she can run and get into the group shot in time. You should have seen her the time she was doing that in snowshoes! Ahh...that's another story...)

Our manly men - Mark and Ken.

All four of us - me, Mark, Ken, Dorothy (she made it into the photo in time!)
By this time, we are almost back to the cars. Our thighs are burning a little, and our bums are a little "saddle sore," but we sure had fun.

(All of the photos were taken by Dorothy...except for the one I took of her setting up her camera. Thanks for sharing, Dorothy! She posted about our outing here.)

4 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Looks like a fun outing!

Unknown said...

What a good way to get out after a busy first week of school!

Dorothy said...

Silly. Shouldn't feel guilty. I'm glad we went. :)

Suzanne Bubnash said...

Love your bike!